We can keep and administer medications at school. Here are some helpful tips if you want to keep medication at school. If you have specefic questions please call the school
* Only the medications that need to be given during school time will be administered in school.
Example: need to take 4 times or more a day, behavior or ADHD medications, Diabetes , Asthma or Epilepsy rescue medications.
* LISD employees can only administer FDA approved medications. No supplements or experimental medications will be given.
*Medications should be transported by parents or an adult. Elementary age students cannot transport medications to and from school.
*All medications should be in original container, within expiration date, and age appropriate and accompanied by a written request from parents.
* Short term medications such as over the counter (OTC) medications can be given for up to 5 days with a detailed note from parent including the name of student, name and dose of medication, time to give it at school, start and end date and parent signature.
* All prescription medications require a prescription label on it and a signed medication authorization from the parent. If the medication request is not agreeing with the prescription label, an MD order is required.
* Allergy action plan requre an MD signature