Homestead Elementary PE CurriculumThe curriculum in Physical Education for First Grader Through Fifth Grade provides for instruction and experience in the following areas:
- Physical fitness development to improve the quality of life.
- Motor skills that develop positive body image and confidence.
- Rhythmic activities that develop coordination, self-expression, creativity, and endurance.
- Skills related to games, individual sports and team sports.
- Sequential gymnastic and tumbling skills.
First and Second Grade: The activities which fall into the above areas for First and Second Grade are as follows:
- Fundamental Locomotor Skills Perceptual-Motor Activities
- Fundamental Non Locomotor Skills Lead-up Games
- Fundamental Manipulative Skills Low Organized Games and Relays
- Rhythms and Dance Physical Fitness Activites
- Basic Stunts and Tumbling Skills
Third through Fifth Grade: The activities which fall into the above areas for Third through Fifth Grade are as follows:
- Racquet Sports
- Floor Hockey
- Floor Tennis
- Recreational Games
- Physical Fitness Activities