Music Class CurriculumThe music curriculum at Homestead Elementary includes a variety of activities to broaden and enhance life skills. Students participate in singing, listening, movement, drama, instrument playing, and composition activities. Through these activities they develop social skills, higher order thinking skills, concentration skills, self-discipline and motivation, and an understanding of how music can bring joy and fulfillment to everyday life.
Private Teacher SelectionChoosing a private music teacher for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. In order to help you get started in your selection process, below are a few questions to ask each individual teacher:
If you are looking for a starting place in finding a private teacher in the Carrollton area, there is a Carrollton Music Teachers Association that has a listing of teachers with openings. 972-620-2737"An apprecitation of music and the arts can provide countless hours of enjoyment for a full and rewarding life"
- From what musical institution did you receive your music education?
- How long have you been teaching music privately?
- Describe the goals you have set for your private students.
- Do you present recitals? What other performance opportunities are your students exposed to? Do you enter your students in contests or competitions?
- How much daily practice do you request of your students?
- How long is the music lesson?
- What is the fee per music lesson?
- What other expenses should I be aware of in addition to books, materials, contests fees, etc.?
- Can missed lessons be make up? Is there a penalty for missed lessons?
- May I please request two references from parents whose children have studied with you (for at least five years if possible)?