Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Caroline Hinson
Hello Ethridge Family!!
My name is Caroline Hinson and this is going to be my first year as a School Counselor. I have spent the last six years as a teacher in LISD and I have taught 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. I completed my counseling internship at Lakeland Elementary and am eager to implement all of the things that I learned. I was born and raised in Texas. I graduated with my bachelors in Elementary Education from Baylor University and with my masters degree in School Counseling from Dallas Baptist University. I love Mexican food, Chick-fil-A, Coke and my favorite color is purple. My husband and I love to travel, play games and enjoy spending time with our families.
Guidance and Counseling Vision:
Personal Wellness. Empowered Students.
Promising Future Mission:
Through partnerships with students, staff, and community, counselors will foster development of self-advocacy skills, personal-social-emotional wellness, and academic-career success in a compassionate and supportive environment.
LISD Guidance and Counseling Core Beliefs:
- Students come first in the school counseling program.
- All students have dignity and worth, are uniquely capable, and deserve opportunities to reach maximum potential. (LISD CB1)
- Safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible environments remove barriers to learning. (LISD CB2)
- Counselors equip all students with the knowledge and skills to be college and career ready. (LISD CB3&5)
- Data-driven guidance programs are meaningful, relevant and promote student self-advocacy and personal wellness. (LISD CB4)
- Every member of our community shares responsibility in the education and personal development of our students. (LISD CB7)
- Guidance and counseling programs should support the 21st century learner. (LISD CB6)