Hello Eagle families! I am so excited to return to Ethridge where my story as an educator began 16 years ago. This will be my 10th year as a school counselor, and I’ve always said that my job makes me the luckiest person in the building. I am excited to get to know your family, and provide all of our eagle campers with academic, social, and emotional support this year.
Guidance and Counseling Vision:
Personal Wellness. Empowered Students.
Promising Future Mission:
Through partnerships with students, staff, and community, counselors will foster development of self-advocacy skills, personal-social-emotional wellness, and academic-career success in a compassionate and supportive environment.
LISD Guidance and Counseling Core Beliefs:
- Students come first in the school counseling program.
- All students have dignity and worth, are uniquely capable, and deserve opportunities to reach maximum potential. (LISD CB1)
- Safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible environments remove barriers to learning. (LISD CB2)
- Counselors equip all students with the knowledge and skills to be college and career ready. (LISD CB3&5)
- Data-driven guidance programs are meaningful, relevant and promote student self-advocacy and personal wellness. (LISD CB4)
- Every member of our community shares responsibility in the education and personal development of our students. (LISD CB7)
- Guidance and counseling programs should support the 21st century learner. (LISD CB6)