Strategically Designed Physical Education
WE believe that:
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged everyday they come to the gym.
- Uninhibited learning depends on a safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible gym environment.
- A healthy educated citizenry is essential for equal opportunity and a prosperous society.
- Meaningful and relevant work along with a healthy lifestyle engages student in profound learning.
- Good exercise habits and nutritional knowledge today are necessary for students to be equipped
for future challenges.
- Genuine physical and mental transformation requires disruptive innovation.
- Physical Education and health are shared responsibilities of the community.
All of our students enjoy thriving, productive,
healthy lives in a future they create.
Students, staff and community design and implement an healthy learning organization that provides engaging, innovative experiences every day.
- Provide all learners with safe, healthy, nurturing, inclusive and flexible learning environments.
- Engage learners through the use of sports equipment and technological tools to access, create and share content as well as collaborate and compete with other learners and teams throughout the world.
- Reframe health and physical activity in a way that leads to profound learning and has meaning and value for students. (Learning Standards)
- Create flexible systems that result in a learning organization supported by healthy, innovative and engaged staff. (Organizational Transformation)
- Continuously involve our diverse community, staff and students to use their strengths, resources and talents to provide engaging, innovative experiences for all learners. (Partnership)
- Develop and implement meaningful, varied assessments that inform and inspire students and educators for continuous improvement and growth in a way that transforms health, physical activity, learning and teaching. (Assessments)
- Design an accountability system that transcends state/national mandates and reflects local values and expectations for an educated healthy life. (Accountability)