GRADING RUBRIC FOR P.E.
E: Exceeds Expectations
M: Meets Expectations
S: Still Developing
N: Needs improvement
Characteristics of Exceeds Expectations
- Always follows directions the first time given
- Always stays on task and completes assignment to the best of their ability demonstrating mastery of skill.
- Excellent classroom conduct
Characteristics of Meets Expectations
- Usually follows directions the first time given
- Completes assignments to the best of their ability most of the time
- Good classroom conduct and occasionally needs
- Demonstrates understanding of skill.
Characteristics of a Still developing/Needs improvement
- Difficulty following directions and staying on task
- Does not complete assignments to the best of their ability
- Poor classroom conduct (distracts others from learning)
- Needs constant re-direction
- Does not demonstrate understanding of skill
Students that receive a “Still Developing” may have some characteristics of “Meets Expectations.” Students with a “Needs Improvement” will have most or all of the characteristics listed under “Still Developing/Needs Improvement.”