*Attention parents of current 6th grade students*
For those students entering 7th grade in 2019-2020 please read below for new immunization requirements to attend school -
Parents are required to provide proof of these immunizations prior to the start of school 2019-2020 Students may not attend class without proof of immunizations.
These are the three additional required immunizations:
1. Tdap booster- Unless the last tetanus containing vaccine was given after August 31, 2015.
2. 2nd Varicella (Chicken Pox)- Unless your child has had the disease and the school has documentation.
Please review your child’s immunization record to see if he/she has received these immunizations. We would appreciate your effort to update your child’s immunizations and provide a copy of those received to us by August 1, 2019. This will help us verify compliance and update your child’s school record prior to start of school 2019-2020. Your student will not receive their 7th grade schedule at orientation until proof of immunizations have been received.
Where to obtain immunizations:
1. Your child’s doctor
2. Denton Co. Health Dept.-401 N. Valley Pkwy. Suite 100, Lewisville-972-434-4700 (if you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover immunizations)ealth Fairs in the district throughout the school year
Please send your child’s updated immunization record to Simi Braich RN, School Nurse.
1. Drop it by nurse’s office at school.
2. By mail to Lamar Middle School, Attn: Simi Braich RN, 4000 Timber Creek Rd., Flower Mound, TX 75028
3. Fax to 972-350-9208
Thank you in advance for your help. If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Fetters RN at 972-350-2003 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Students may not enroll or continue attendance at school unless the minimum state vaccine requirements have been met.
2019-2020 K-12 Texas State Vaccine Requirements, in English and Spanish.
2019-2020 Pre-K Texas State Vaccine Requirements, in English ans Spanish.
Low Cost or Free Immunization Clinics:
In accordance with Department of State Health Services (DSHS) policy, the free and reduced vaccine programs funded by Texas Vaccines for Children will only serve:
- CHIP: A child who is enrolled in the CHIP program
- Medicaid: A child who is enrolled in the Medicaid program
- Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance coverage
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
- Underinsured (*New Definition*): A child whose health insurance does not include vaccines; a child whose insurance covers only selected vaccines (TVFC-eligible for non-covered vaccines only); or a child whose insurance caps vaccine coverage at a certain amount. Once that coverage amount is reached, the child is categorized as underinsured.
If you have insurance with vaccine coverage, you are no longer eligible for free or reduced vaccine services previously offered through the Denton County Health Department , Care Van and other providers. Insured children will be required to receive vaccinations from their primary care providers. If you are not sure of your coverage, please contact your insurance carrier.
Exemptions of Immunization Requirements
Chapter §97.62 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) describes the conditions under which individuals can seek exemptions from Texas immunization requirements. Exclusions from compliance are allowable on an individual basis for medical contraindications, reasons of conscience, including a religious belief, and active duty with the armed forces of the United States.
Information on obtaining an exemption for immunizations and answers to frequently asked questions are available at dshs.state.tx.us
Call your school nurse if you have any questions or would like her to review your child's record.
- Denton County Health Department (clinic locations & hours)
- Care Van
- Reasons of Conscience Affidavit Form
- Written Request for Immunization Exemption
- TB Testing Requirements
- Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements K-12 2019-2020 in Spanish and English
- Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements Pre-K 2019-2020 in Spanish and English