LISD Health Services
School Health Procedures
School Year 2023-24
- Student clinic visits will be scheduled using an online appointment system, excluding emergencies and daily medications or procedures.
- Minor injuries and complaints will be handled in the classroom or playground, i.e., hunger, lost tooth, minor scrape.
- If you are contacted to pick up your child due to illness, we ask that you do so as soon as possible or within 30 minutes.
- Have a back up plan in case you are unable to quickly get to the school, other family members or close friends.
- Add your school nurse’s office number to your cell phone so you know it is us!
- Continuously make sure all contact and emergency contact phone numbers are updated in Skyward.
- All medications for elementary students should be brought in by adult to the nurse and shoud be accompanied by appropriate permission forms.
- Self carry emergency medication is allowed with a completed self carry agrement fro doctor and parent.
- Our policy is to contact a parent or guardian every time we see a child due to illness or injury. If you have a preferred method of contact, i.e., phone, text, email, please notify your campus nurse
- Please keep your child home if they have: a temperature of 100 degrees or higher and until fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
- If your child requires medication or a special procedure at school, please contact your school nurse for updated forms and guidelines.
- School nurse can be contacted at 972 350 8603