I would like to welcome back all of you returning to LHS Killough for another year, and extend a warm welcome to those of you who are new this year.
As we get ready for the school year, I wanted to remind you of some important information from the health office:
- Texas Law requires all students to be immunized before beginning school, or have an original state approved Affidavit of Exemption. Your student will not be allowed to attend class without meeting one of these requirements. Please see their website for further information:
- Please complete the Health Card in Skyward as soon as possible. Please be sure to take some time to fill this out completely & accurately, noting any medical conditions, medications, and any other information that may affect your student’s learning while in school.
- Please remember to update the school nurse if your child receives a new medical diagnosis, starts taking a new medication, or has any other significant change in health status during the school year.
- If you have a change in address or phone number, please contact the main office. It is critical that we are able to reach you in the event of an illness or emergency.
- If your student needs to take medication while at school, the proper medication at school form must be completed by the parent/guardian. The medication must be in the original container and properly labeled. These forms are available on-line and in the health office.
- During the school year, health screening is provided for selected students. This screening includes hearing, vision, and/or scoliosis. If a condition is found that needs medical attention, a note will be sent home with your student to inform you. It is very important that you follow-up as instructed.
As your school nurse, I am committed to your student’s well being and academic success by helping to provide a safe, supportive environment in which all can learn and achieve.
If there is anything I can do to further facilitate this, please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward to a healthy year,
Yuleana Rodriguez, RN
Killough Back to School Immunization Information