Schedule Change Policy
Schedule changes will only be considered during the first four days of the class if there is an error in the schedule.
Errors may include:
- 2 classes the same period,
- A class that was passed in summer school,
- Credit already received in class,
- Failures, etc.
Schedule changes may also be changed for program/placement issues. Examples may include: ROTC, placement in an audition class, dropping a sport, etc.
The procedure for requesting a change from PAP/AP to a Regular class is as follows:
- A change may be requested at the 9-weeks marks if the student is failing.
- Changes at 3 weeks will only be considered if the student is failing and student’s academic history indicates a need for the change. Examples may include: Student scored below a 800 on 8th Grade TAKS in the subject area of the PAP/AP class, with principal’s approval.
- Change requests at 9-weeks will be honored if the student is failing the class, with principal’s approval.
- Each of the items above will only be considered if there is space available.
If you feel you need a schedule change, come by the administration office to pick up a schedule change request. Complete the form with parent signature. If you are dropping a sport, you must have the signature of the coach.