Indian Creek's Motto
"Doing Your Best is the Key to Success"
Students, staff, and community design and implement a safe, engaging, and nurturing learning organization to build a strong foundation for students' personal growth.
Indian Creek is a community that works collaboratively to develop lifelong learners, build meaningful relationships, and place value on each other’s cultures and individual strengths.
At Indian Creek Elementary, we:
· Build relationships with all students to support social-emotional and academic skills
· Value students' experiences and cultures
· Believe parent and community support increases student engagement
· Believe every child has the ability to learn
· Value risk-taking
· Recognize students for their social and academic achievements
· Work collaboratively as a staff to support ALL students
District Vision, Mission, Beliefs & Goals
- All of our students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create.
- Students, staff and community design and implement a learning organization that provides engaging, innovative experiences every day.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged each day.
- Uninhibited learning depends on a safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible environment.
- An educated citizenry is essential for equal opportunity and a prosperous society.
- Meaningful and relevant work engages students in profound learning.
- Critical thinking and problem solving today are necessary for students to be equipped for future challenges.
- Genuine transformation requires disruptive innovation.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the community.
- Provide all learners with safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible learning environments. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Engage learners through the use of technological tools to access, create and share content as well as collaborate with other learners throughout the world. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Reframe state readiness standards in a way that leads to profound learning and has meaning and value for students. (Learning Standards)
- Create flexible systems that result in a learning organization supported by innovative and engaged staff. (Organizational Transformation)
- Continuously involve our diverse community, staff and students to use their strengths, resources and talents to provide engaging, innovative experiences for all learners. (Partnership)
- Develop and implement meaningful, varied assessments that inform and inspire students and educators for continuous improvement and growth in a way that transforms learning and teaching. (Assessments)
- Design an accountability system that transcends state/national mandates and reflects local values and expectations. (Accountability)