At Durham Middle School , our mission is to provide and maintain a safe learning environment that includes a variety of research based, high quality learning opportunities for all students. As a result of these opportunities, we ensure an exemplary level of academic achievement as determined by district, state and national standards. We also commit to a comprehensive support system which will adjust to meet the different learning styles of each student to assure this achievement.
LISD Core BeliefsWE believe:
LISD VisionAll of our students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create.LISD MissionStudents, staff and community design and implement a learning organization that provides engaging, innovative experiences every day.LISD GoalsWe will:
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged each day.
- Uninhibited learning depends on a safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible environment.
- An educated citizenry is essential for equal opportunity and a prosperous society.
- Meaningful and relevant work engages students in profound learning.
- Critical thinking and problem solving today are necessary for students to be equipped for future challenges.
- Genuine transformation requires disruptive innovation.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the community.
- Provide all learners with safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible learning environments. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Engage learners through the use of technological tools to access, create and share content as well as collaborate with other learners throughout the world. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Reframe state readiness standards in a way that leads to profound learning and has meaning and value for students. (Learning Standards)
- Create flexible systems that result in a learning organization supported by innovative and engaged staff. (Organizational Transformation)
- Continuously involve our diverse community, staff and students to use their strengths, resources and talents to provide engaging, innovative experiences for all learners. (Partnership)
- Develop and implement meaningful, varied assessments that inform and inspire students and educators for continuous improvement and growth in a way that transforms learning and teaching. (Assessments)
- Design an accountability system that transcends state/national mandates and reflects local values and expectations. (Accountability)
Please refer to the Strategic Design Process section of the website for additional information.