Practicum I: Grades 11-12
Practicum II: Grade 12
4 Credits Per Course (full-year course)
Application/Student Interest Form Required: Go here PIM Application https://forms.gle/n8SBMhKT2iqcUBTh8 to complete.
The Practicum in Marketing course is designed to give students supervised practical application of previously studied knowledge and skills. Practicum experiences can occur in a variety of locations appropriate to the nature and level of experience. The practicum course is a paid career experience (in the form of an after-school job) for students wanting to advance their marketing and business knowledge. The curriculum will present project-based learning that will give the students the opportunity to apply newly acquired marketing skills in real-world situations.
Students taking this course must their own transportation.
Students must obtain his/her own job. The teacher can supply leads but does not guarantee a job.
Breakdown of the approval process to the program:
- Application/interest form completed by the due date
- Attendance verification turned in by the due date
- Reference Sheets turned in by the due date
- Informational interview attended on the requested date
- Approved Job required by the due date
- Teacher approval
Breakdown of course:
- Learn how marketing decisions are made and the steps involved in the marketing process through classroom study and on the job application.
- Opportunities for certifications and employment advancement
- Employability skills studied and applied
This class operates on a different weekly schedule to allow students to work. Here is what the average week looks like for a PIM student.
Want to hear more about how this program has benefited students. Go to LISD.net/Internships to hear from one of FMHS former Practicum in Marketing Co-Op students.