Degan Library Mission Statement
The LISD Libraries are the center of collaborative learning, providing an up-to-date print and electronic information-rich environment. LISD librarians deliver professional services that support the curriculum and the school community in a constantly changing, knowledge-based society.
Degan students will become intrinsically motivated learners who are confident, respectful citizens valuing education, themselves, and others.
The libraries are essential to the creation of students who are:
- Passionate about learning and reading
- Effective problem solvers
- Critical and analytical thinkers
- Proficient communicators
- Voracious and discerning consumers of information
- Successful world citizens