As a 3rd grader, your child has the opportunity to be a member of the Peters Colony Chess Club. Chess develops your child’s reading and math ability, critical and analytic thinking skills, and builds character and self-esteem. Chess is an excellent way to encourage children to explore art, number sense, spatial visualization, geometry, logic, and much, much more. Playing chess enhances deductive reasoning and critical thinking.
Students and Parents, keep the following in mind:
- Acceptance into the Chess Club is on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. If we have more room, we will add the next students that turned in a permission slip.
- Good behavior and good grades are very important. You must be passing all your subjects with a 70 or above.
- Chess Club will be every Friday (unless notified otherwise), after school from 3:00pm to 3:35pm in room #712 (Mr. Jaird’s classroom).
- Attendance is extremely important. If you miss Chess Club more than 2 times, your spot might be taken by someone else.
- Come ready to learn and play.
- Please pick up students promptly at 3:35pm in front of school. Picking your child up late may result in your child losing their spot in Chess Club.
If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail
Mr. Jaird firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Lopez email@example.com 469-713-5179