Classroom Visitation Policy
LISD wants parents/guardians to feel welcome in our school and to witness the engaging activities taking place in our classrooms. If you choose to visit your child during class time, the following procedures apply:
- Campus administration and the teacher must be notified at least 24 hours in advance and approve the timeframe in which a parent intends to visit their student’s classroom.
- Parents must sign in through the Main Office and present a current ID. No person, other than the student’s parent/guardian will be allowed to see the student without the parent/guardian’s written permission or the parent/guardian being present.
- Classroom visits or observations are limited to two 45 minute visits per eighteen weeks.
- Classroom visits or observations will be permitted as long as their duration and/or frequency does not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the normal school environment as determined by the principal.
- This policy does notapply to those who, by law, are permitted to visit with children.