LISD Oct. 17 Board Recap
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Indian Creek Elementary students Natalie MacKinney & Carter Hawthorne led the Pledge of Allegiance.
CONSIDER ITEMS DISCUSSED IN CLOSED SESSION
The Board moved to find good cause to show contract abandonment as defined by the Texas Education Code and the Texas Administrative Code by Juiliana Campuzana. They also moved that the administration be permitted to file a complaint of contract abandonment and notify the State Board for Educator Certification of Teacher Contract Abandonment.
- LISD Board Member Dr. Buddy Bonner read a statement regarding the LISD Board of Trustees' appreciation of the Denton Central Appraisal District's work toward leadership change in the position of chief appraiser. The LISD Board of Trustees believe it is imperative to restore the trust, respect and credibility of the DCAD, and a swift transition of leadership is necessary to ensure this goal is achieved. LISD expects that any severance payment to secure this leadership change will consider the obligations of DCAD, and the taxing entities to utilize taxpayer funds and responsible stewardship of those funds. A severance agreement in line with the desires of LISD, and the expressed concerns of many other DCAD taxing entities, is preferable and strongly recommended.
- Regarding the threatened litigation concerning special education placement, the Board moved to approve the proposed settlement agreement discussed in Executive Session.
Lakeview Middle School was recognized by the LISD Board of Trustees for recognized for their sustained success in raising student achievement due to the successful implementation of Solution Tree's Professional Learning Communities at Work program.
Lillie J. Jackson Early Childhood Center was recognized by the LISD Board of Trustees for recognized for their sustained success in raising student achievement due to the successful implementation of Solution Tree's Professional Learning Communities at Work program.
Dr. Rapp presented updates regarding connection groups in LISD, including Students Advisories, middle school and elementary staff solution groups, teachers of the year and more. She also touched on highlights from LISD's staff survey, graduation rates and retirement planning. She concluded with a summary of metrics from her monthly newsletters, a recap of several events across the district, as well as a reminder about the Recognize SomeONE initiative.
HEAR REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD
LISD families and community members addressed the Board regarding the following topics:
- Courses offered
- Teacher well-being
- School experiences for students
- LISD Council of PTAs Bowling for Scholars
- Positive comments from teachers about students
The Board approved the consent agenda. See the consent agenda here.
LISD Superintendent Dr. Lori Rapp shared the district's appreciation for its school principals, as October is National Principals Month. Watch the district's appreciation video on Lewisville ISD's Facebook page here.
LISD Council of PTAs President Jennifer Perry presented the State of the Council. Details
Chief Technology Officer Bryon Kolbeck presented Technology Device Storage Solution. Details
Chief Financial Officer Paige Meloni presented the Monthly Financial Report including the Bond Reports and the Monthly Investment Summaries. Details
Safety and Security Director Matt Garrett presented the district's Intruder Detection Audit Report.
RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION
M.1. The Board upheld the Level III Student Discipline decision of administration.
All Regular Lewisville ISD Board Meetings are streamed live and archived at LISD.net.