Dr. Buddy Bonner
Place 1 - Expires 2024
LISD Board Member:
I have lived in Lewisville ISD since 1991, including Lewisville (19 years), Highland Village (10 years), and Flower Mound (2 years).
My wife, Rebecca, is a counselor at Mill Street Elementary School, and we have a blended family of five children, all of who have attended and/or graduated from Lewisville ISD schools including Lewisville High (1) and Marcus High School (3).
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Texas at Tyler
- Master’s degree in Education Administration at the University of North Texas
- Doctoral degree in Education Leadership from Dallas Baptist University
- Maintain professional certifications in Social Studies, Language Arts, Mid-Management and the Superintendency from the State Board of Educator Certification.
I served as a classroom teacher (4 years), campus assistant principal and principal (7 years), school leadership (4 years) and employee services (14 years) during my three decades as an educator in Lewisville ISD. I currently serve businesses and the community as an employee of the Lewisville Area Chamber of Commerce.,
I have volunteered in a variety of roles including:
- Lewisville Noon Rotary, Member and Board Member
- Special Abilities of North Texas, Member
- Highland Village Parks and Recreation Board, Alternate
- Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church, Member and Chair of Staff Parish Relations Committee
- Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church, Member of Nominating Committee
- Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church, Member of Leadership Board
Honors and Awards:
I have received the following recognition during my career:
- Texas Parent Teacher Association Lifetime Membership, 1995
- Lewisville ISD Administrator of the Year, 2011
I was the Canton Junior High Jeopardy Champion both semesters as a 6th grader and 1 semester as an 8th grader.