LISD May 17 Board Recap
BOARD ELECTION INFORMATION
The Board considered the canvassing of votes for the May 7, 2022 Board of Trustees Election and voted to accept these results.
Judge James Kerbow administered the Oath of Office to the newly elected Board members.
CONSIDER ITEMS DISCUSSED IN CLOSED SESSION
The Board discussed the appointments of Chief Schools Officer, Executive Director of Finance, Middle School Chief of Schools and principal of BB Owen Elementary School.
The Board discussed the newly elected Board members and subsequent duties and roles.
The Board consulted with the Board Attorney.
The Board had a discussion regarding purchase, exchange and/or sale or value of real property
CONSIDER ACTION ON ITEMS DISCUSSED IN CLOSED SESSION: PERSONNEL RECOMMENDATIONS
The Board appointed Lori Litchfield as Chief Schools Officer, Amber Lasseigne as Executive Director of Finance, Chantell Upshaw as Middle School Chief of Schools and Jennifer Barentine as Principal of B.B. Owen Elementary School.
The following students, teachers and parents were recognized for their outstanding achievements. See photos here.
- Bridlewood Elementary PTA achieved the Platinum Voice for Every Child Award – the highest membership award a local PTA can achieve at the state level.
- The National Association of Elementary School Principals recently announced Lewisville ISD’s Donald, Garden Ridge and Liberty Elementary schools as three of only 13 elementary schools nationwide to be named Honor Council of Excellence Winners.
- The Marcus High School Academic Decathlon team recently made history by becoming the first Lewisville ISD school to be invited to compete at the national level.
- TECC East students qualified for the National Finals in the American Rocketry Challenge.
- Marcus High School students collected 16 first-place medals and 16 second-place medals in the Texas DECA’s 20-22 State Career Development Conference
- TECC West Culinary team, “The Three Amigas, recently claimed the Breakfast of Champions state championship title by successfully preparing a breakfast dish in 30 minutes with minimal equipment and space.
- TECC West students who competed in the state SkillsUSA competition. In total, TECC West brought home three individual first-place medals, seven chapter project first-place medals and one second-place medal.
- FMHS students placed second place in the T-S-A State Competition’s Biotechnology Design category.
- The Colony High School Theater department recently claimed the silver medal for their performance of, “The Old Man and the Old Moon,” in the U-I-L One-Act Play state contest
- A group of LISD students achieved several medals at the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, the nation’s longest-running, most prestigious recognition program for creative student
- 11 LISD student artists earned awards in the Texas Art Education Association’s VASE competition.
Superintendent Dr. Lori Rapp gave an update on the four cornerstones of LISD. She also spoke about her second parent advisory committee meeting, her last student advisory meeting of the year and a community bond committee meeting.
HEAR REQUESTS TO ADDRESS THE BOARD
An LISD parent brought concerns about the Hebron High School refresh to the Board.
A Flower Mound resident thanked the Board for their service.
The Board approved the consent agenda. See the agenda here.
Amanda Drinkwater and Michael Valentine presented a Fine Arts update. Details
Dr. Rapp discussed Board meeting date changes for 2022-23 school year. Details
Chief Financial Officer Paige Meloni presented the monthly financial report. Details