2020-21 Tuition-Based Pre-K School Start Information
LISD Pre-K programs are part of the larger LISD school district and will operate in the same manner as all other campus classrooms. LISD students will have two options for the return to school in August, in-person or virtual learning. These options extend to all tuition-based Pre-K classes too. Visit the LISD Return-to-School website HERE for more information about LISD’s return to school.
With the first day of class on Aug. 4 for Discovery Academy and Employee Pre-K at LJJ, we need to know your plans for your child’s participation in their extended day, tuition Pre-K class.
Later today, you will receive a form from LISD asking you to choose your child’s mode of learning for the start of the 2020-21 school year. Parents are asked to declare their choice by two weeks before the start of the LISD first day of school, now Aug. 19. Below is information you need to know to help you make the best choice for your child’s start in tuition-based Pre-K.
Important general information about tuition-based Pre-K to keep in mind as you consider your choices:
- The first day of in-person learning for all Discovery Academy classes and Employee Pre-K at LJJ is Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020. Linked HERE is the full calendar for Discovery Academy and Employee Pre-K at LJJ.
- The extended day hours are 6:50 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. daily.
- All children must be picked up by 5:30 p.m. daily. A late fee of $1 per minute is charged for late pick ups after 5:30 p.m.
- Children must be dropped off by the start of the instructional school day and picked up on or after the end of the instructional school day.
- Discovery Academy Instructional School Day - 7:45 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
- Employee Pre-K at LJJ Instructional School Day - 7:30 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Tuition payments will be made through 9 monthly payments August - April. Payments are due on the 1st of each month. A late fee of $20 will be charged if payment is not received by the 5th. If payment is more than ten days late, your child will be dropped from the program.
- Payments may be made online at http://lewisville.revtrak.net or by check or money order. In person payments can be made at 1565-C West Main, Lewisville, TX, 75067 or mail payments to the LISD Early Childhood Office, 1565 C-West Main Street, Lewisville, TX, 75067. Make checks payable to LISD and include the child’s name and campus on the check memo line.
- Cash payments are not accepted.
Families have two options for their child’s start of school in tuition-based Pre-K.
- Option 1 - In-Person, On-Campus Learning
- Option 2 - Virtual Learning
- In-Person, On-Campus Learning
- Health and safety measures required for in-person, on-campus learning will be followed for all LISD Pre-K-5th grade students.
- Visit the LISD website HERE to learn more about in-person learning.
- Virtual Learning Pathway for Pre-K
- 90 minutes of daily virtual learning for Pre-K that will consist of a mixture of online and at-home assignments and activities.
- Virtual Learning will begin Aug. 19, in alignment with the official LISD first day of school and when all virtual learning will begin for families who choose it for Pre-K-12
- Students will be assigned to a virtual class and a virtual Pre-K teacher; different from the campus Discovery Academy or Employee Pre-K at LJJ classroom teacher.
- Guardian cooperation and assistance will be required to ensure student participation in virtual class sessions and completion of learning activities.
- Digital tools such as SeeSaw and ReadyRosie will be used to support virtual learning.
- Virtual learning tuition daily rate will be reduced to 50% less than the monthly, in-person rate.
- Commitment to a full 9-weeks of virtual learning.
- Guardians may choose to have their child join the in-person, on-campus class at the start of a new 9-weeks and upon giving a two-week notice to return to in-person, on-campus learning.
- Tuition rate will be adjusted when returning to in-person learning or switching to virtual learning.
- Additional Information for Virtual Learning can be found HERE.
Unenrolling from tuition-based Pre-K
- Families wishing to unenroll their child in Discovery Academy or Employee Pre-K at LJJ may do so at any time.
- To unenroll, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and the campus attendance clerk as soon as possible to notify both parties.
- Those choosing to unenroll by Aug. 3, 2020 will receive a registration fee refund of $125 of the $200 registration.
- Registration fees will no longer be refunded after Aug. 3 though a family may still choose to unregister at any time.
- Depending on the time of year when unenrollment happens, a final adjusted tuition payment may be required.
- Future tuition payments will be halted at the time of withdrawal.
Tuition-based Pre-K Disclaimer: Contingency Plan for any future all-district, Remote Learning
- Tuition paying Pre-K students will transition to remote learning during a period of official school closure in accord with guidelines set out by LISD for all Pre-K-12 students.
- Their remote learning teacher will be their same assigned Discovery Academy or LJJ Employee Pre-K teacher.
- During Remote Learning, a reduced tuition rate or refunds would be enacted contingent on the time of year, amount of tuition collected up to the time of the closure and the length of the closure.
- During an all school closure, a reduced rate for those that already paid would be ½ price daily rate starting at the 30th day of remote learning.
- Remote Learning that extends beyond 30 days would result in a 50% tuition daily rate reduction going forward.
- Variables such as the time of year, amount of tuition paid, or length of closure are all factors that would impact tuition refunds.
- Please know, refunds can take up to 90 days, or longer to process depending on the method of tuition payment. Times of heavy volume of refunds for the district could result in a further delay in refund.
You will elect on the district’s form for in-person or virtual learning.
If you decide to unenroll your child from their tuition-based Pre-K class, you must email email@example.com and the campus attendance clerk as soon as possible to notify both parties.
- Those choosing to unenroll by Aug. 3, 2020 will receive a registration fee refund of $125.
- Registration fees will no longer be refunded after Aug. 3.
We thank you for being part of our early childhood program. We look forward to serving your family for the 2020-21 school year.
For all 2020-21 Return to School and COVID-19 information, visit: