Future TCHS Ninth Grade Parents & Students,
I hope this letter finds you having a good end to your Eighth Grade Year. I know this spring was a very busy time for you all as you ended your middle school journey and prepared for high school. I wanted you to first of all know more than anything, we can’t wait to have The Class of 2025 join us at TCHS in the fall, and you are going to be a very special class for the next four years. Parents-- we are excited to begin our new partnership with you, and we want you to know we are always here to serve you if we can help.
Below are some items to help you start the 2021-22 school year at TCHS, and I hope this information is a benefit to your planning. Please know as well, we continue to monitor the current health status with COVID-19, and we will be fully prepared to adjust anything as needed according to decisions made by LISD. Here are some helpful dates for you:
- Freshman Orientation: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Big Gym
- Fall Open House: Thursday, August 26, 2021: 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Homecoming Week: Our Homecoming week next year is Monday, September 6-Saturday, September 11, 2021. The Homecoming Parade/Community Pep Rally is Wednesday, September 8, the Homecoming Game is Friday, September 10 vs. Denton High School, and the Homecoming Dance is Saturday, September 11, which is for all grade levels.
- High School Times: The school times for LISD High Schools is 8:20-3:35.
- Schedules: Freshmen will receive a tentative schedule at orientation. Additionally, permanent schedules will be made available online in Skyward and will need to be checked for a final schedule after Friday, August 6, 2021.
In closing, we are excited to have you with us next fall, and we are looking forward to the next four years. As we go through changing times in our Nation and World, we are thankful for a constant, and that is the great students and community surrounding TCHS. We will continue to see great things happen for our students and look forward to The Class of 2025 making their mark over the next four years.
Please let us know how we can serve you. We are looking forward to an exciting journey!
Dr.Tim E. Baxter