We hope you are all doing well, and looking forward to our upcoming graduation, the 34th Commencement Ceremony of The Colony High School for the Class of 2021. Today, I would like to share some detail with you regarding the ceremony, and I believe this will help you in your planning. Here are those details:
- Date/Time—Our 34th Graduation Ceremony we will be held on Sunday, May 30, at 5:30 p.m., at the Ford Center at The Star, in Frisco, Texas.
- Graduate Arrival—Seniors should report to the Ford Center at The Star at 3:30 p.m.. We would encourage parents to drop their senior off and then find parking at that time. If students drive, they will park in gravel parking located behind Baylor Scott & White, which faces Dallas North Tollway. Students will then enter the Ford Center Loading Dock after parking, which is located on Hall of Fame Lane, on the North side of The Star. The map attached to this communication will show the student parking area behind Baylor, Scott & White and how graduates will walk to the venue.
- Parent Parking—Parents can park in several locations, and those are highlighted on the attached map alluded to above.
- Graduate Check-In—After parking, the graduates will enter the Ford Center Loading Dock, at which time they will be checked for dress code. Graduates can only bring one key or key fob with them to graduation. All other items will need to be left with their families or in their cars. Any graduate who is not in dress code, or has more than the allowable items, will not be allowed to check in.
- Dress Code—Dress code for commencement is required. The dress code is as follows:
- Black cap and gown
- Black and gold tassel with gold 21 (if you need one, bring $10 cash)
- Caps centered with point in mid of forehead
- NO DÉCOR on top of caps
- No facial piercings other than one small stud in nose
- Black slacks
- Black dress shoes (NO tennis shoes)
- Black socks (must wear socks)
- White button down shirt
- Dark colored tie
- Black Dress (cannot be longer than your gown)
- Black dress shoes (with a back)
- No Spike Heels
- Graduation Rehearsal—Rehearsal is required to participate in graduation. The date/time of rehearsal is Friday, May 21, at 8:00 a.m. at the Gym Foyer. Rehearsal will last until Noon.
- Tickets For Graduation—Each graduate will receive eight tickets. At Graduation Rehearsal, students will sign for a packet that will include eight tickets and eight programs for commencement. They will be responsible for their tickets after that point. There will not be assigned seating at graduation. If you have more guests that would like to watch the ceremony, but who do not have a ticket, the Ford Center at The Star has a large screen on the South side of the venue off of Cowboys Way. Please note for the purpose of distributing your eight tickets, the Ford Center at The Star does require a ticket for all ages.
- District Graduation Video—LISD has created a very good Graduation Video with helpful information for graduation. Please go to THIS LINK to review this video. Information will include The Star clear bag policy, parking information, dress code items, and more.
- Graduation Streaming—There will be a Live Stream of Commencement, and that link will be sent out as soon as it is available.
- Ceremony Etiquette—A reminder, graduation is the most dignified and formal ceremony of a high school, and the most important event in these student’s lives. As such, it is important to us that each graduate receive the recognition he/she deserves. By LISD protocol, air horns, laser pointers, signs, noise makers of any kinds, and confetti cannons are not allowed.
- Flash Photography—Flash Photography will be photographing each graduate several times during the commencement ceremony. There is no obligation to purchase photos. If you'd like to receive your graduate's proofs, please click on the following link to provide your contact information to the photographers. Please submit this information prior to the ceremony: http://bit.ly/tchs2021
- Clear Bag Policy—The Ford Center at The Star has a strict Clear Bag Policy. You can reference this policy in the attachment.
We hope the above is helpful as you continue your planning for commencement. We are so proud of our graduates and cannot wait to celebrate them on May 30. Please know we are happy to help you further at any time if we can answer any questions. The best contacts to reach us are via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. We are looking forward to a wonderful day on May 30, and appreciate your help in making this graduation ceremony the best we have ever had. Congratulations to your son or daughter, we are so proud of them!