Summer Construction Logistics and Summer Hours
TCHS Parents & Students,
I wanted to thank you all for the great last week of school we have had, and for the great year here at TCHS!
Additionally, I would like to wish you all a GREAT SUMMER!
As part of the LISD Bond package, we are excited to see a lot of work at TCHS, and this summer that will involve the beginning of a remodel of the front of TCHS.
This new design will give the building a new look, and we will be excited to see this completed by the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
As this project begins this summer, we will have some relocations that will occur in terms of student, parent, and guests entry during the summer and then into next year.
Please note the following as we begin this project:
- Summer 2019
- This summer (beginning next Monday, May 27), there will be no access to the front of TCHS, including the front drive.
- All guests will need to park in the North Lot, Teacher Parking Lot, and enter through Door #34.
- There will be a guest check-in inside that door for business.
- Office Hours this summer will Monday-Thursday 8:00-5:00 (with the exception of next week, which will be Tuesday-Friday 8:00-5:00).
- School Year 2019-20
- August 1 we will receive the front drive back for use.
- However, during the 2019-20 school year, as construction continues, the main entrance to TCHS will be Door #36, which is located by Office A130 (students know this as the office where Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Escoto are located).
- All guests can park in the front and enter via that door.
We are very excited about the new projects for TCHS, and we will all work together during these logistical changes. I appreciate your patience during the project, and we are always here to serve you!
Tim E. Baxter, Ed.D.
The Colony High School