Daily Announcements 10/09/19
Great news everyone! We’ll be passing out your new IDs during Advisory Thursday. Please be sure to have the ID and lanyard you were given at the beginning of the year with you on Thursday. Everyone should have their new photo ID by Friday.
Starting Monday, you will be required to wear your school ID at all times during the school day. You’ll need to show your ID to enter the building after the bell rings, and your teachers will be checking for your ID cards in class.
1. All students must wear their I.D. badge on a lanyard around their neck; the I.D. may not be attached to backpack and must be visible at all times they are in the building. Exceptions: during athletics/PE, during band/orchestra, while participating in a lab if the I.D. badge will be in the way or cause a hazard. At the end of class (or end of the lab), students must put the I.D. badge on before leaving the class.
2. The I.D. badge must remain in it’s original condition (no stickers, no markers, etc.).
3. Students may wear their own lanyard as long as it’s school-appropriate. They are not required to wear the Forestwood lanyard provided by the school.
4. Students must wear their own I.D. badge, facing forward with the name and photo visible.
5. Students may not trade or give away badges.
6. Students must wear the current year I.D. badge. The previous year badge may be used as a replacement in the event that the current I.D. badge is forgotten at home. This should not extend beyond a few days. If the current year I.D. badge is lost, the student must purchase a replacement (cost is $3). Replacement lanyards may be purchased for $1.
The annual PTA Reflections program this year is themed "Look Within". Students are encouraged to submit works of art for this state-wide competition - the submissions can be dance choreography, film production, video, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
For more information regarding the rules and regulations of the contest, students can pick up forms in the front office, or visit the PTA page on the school website.
The deadline for this year's competition will be Thursday October 31st at 4pm.
SOCKtober is here! If you didn't know already, SOCKtober is a national sole warming movement that gives everyone an easy and and fun way to help those in need! Did you know that hte number one needed clothing item for those in shelters or struggling financially is new socks! Let's help our community out Falcons! The whole month of October, you can bring socks in to donate. They can be colourful or not, any length or size. Remember, however, they must be new. Look for boxes in the foyer to place your donations. Let's spread kindness by helping others keep their tootsies warm!
Falcons, as many of you have probably heard on the news, the Houston area was hit very hard with the latest storm, Imelda. Splendora ISD in the Houston area has over 218 kids that were homeless after Hurrican Harvey. Imelda hit their community even harder, and they have yet to calculate the new number of homeless children due to this storm. 60% of the families in this district found their homes underwater.
NJHS and Cheer are teaming up for their service project this year. We will be collecting toiletry items, hygiene supplies and home cleaning supplies in an effort to help Splendora ISD help their families. Please bring your supplies and place them in the boxes set up in the front foyer. From one district to another, let's do our part to show kindness.
Attention: Those interested in participating in the Science Olympiad, please plan on attending an information meeting on one of the following days:
Wednesday October 9th at 4:15 pm in room 305
Thursday October 10th at 8:15 am in room 305
or Thursday October 10th at 4:15 pm in room 305
You must attend one of these meetings. Signs are posted outside of Mrs Marlow's, Mrs Franks and Mrs McBride's rooms with more info.
Do you like to play chess? Would you like to learn how to play chess? If yes, the Forestwood Chess Club is here for you! Come by Mrs Lewallen's room, 415, to pick up a permission form. We'll begin Chess Club on Thursday October 10th at 8:20 in room 415.
Come on out and meet the Jags and Lady Jags basketball teams at Flower Mound High School on October 24th. This is a fantastic Fan opportunity to take pictures and get autographs from the players and possibly win some amazing prizes as they get ready to start yet another FAN-tastic season!
So mark your calendars and come on out to the FMHS Arena on Thursday October 24th at 7pm and get your FAN on! Go Jaguars!
The 2019/2020 season for the FMHS Clay Target Team starts now! The team is open to all students in grades 7 through 12 attending FMHS or it's feeder middle schools. Come join us on Sunday October 13th from noon to 4 pm at the Elm Fork Clay Target Sports facility to learn about the sport and our team. A parent is required to attend. No prior experience is necessary! More information can be found at their website fmhsclaytarget.com