Dragon Nation E-News, 11/16 & Learning Pathways Information
Here is the link to the latest edition of the Dragon Nation E-Newsletter:
Important information below!!!!
3RD NINE WEEKS LEARNING PATHWAY CHANGES
Beginning Monday, Nov. 16, families may change their student’s learning pathway using the learning pathway change form found in your Skyward Family Access account.
You only need to access and submit this form if you are wanting to change your learning pathway for the 3rd 9-week grading period, which begins on Jan. 7.
Your change must be made by Dec. 4, two weeks prior to the start of winter break.
If you do not complete the form, your child will continue in their current learning pathway.
As a reminder, students in grades 6-12 have three learning pathway choices.
Learn more about each choice:
We appreciate your understanding that due to the upcoming Winter Break our staff must have time to process changes and prepare for having schedules finalized when they return to work on Jan. 6.
We are pleased to offer our families the opportunity to change the learning pathway every nine weeks, but with providing this choice comes a significant amount of reworking the master schedule which takes time.
We want to make you aware that TEA recently increased flexibility for school districts to discontinue virtual learning for students who are not being academically successful.
If your student is failing one or more of their virtual classes or has unexcused absences the campus may be contacting you about the process to return to in-person instruction.
We have compiled a list of FAQs to help you be informed when making your learning pathway decisions. Please review this document carefully before directing any questions to your campus.
Important information to consider as it relates to schedules:
- If you change from one pathway to another, you can expect your student’s schedule and their teachers to change, and it is possible the actual courses your child is enrolled in may change.
- Submitting your pathway change request as early in the window as possible will help your campus as they try to accommodate the changes.
- Class changes will be made based on what classes are available and have space for additional students. There is not an opportunity for specific schedule requests.
- While our counselors strive for great customer service, they will not be able to respond to requests for information about what your child's schedule could be should you change your learning pathway. The campus administration will rebuild the campus schedule based on the pathway change requests, and schedule information will not be available until after that process is completed.
- Due to the complexity of scheduling students at the middle school and high school level, until all learning pathway change forms are completed, it is not possible for campuses to determine which classes may be available.
The next opportunity to change your student’s learning pathway (for the 4th 9-week grading period) will be at the end of the 3rd 9-week grading period. The window for the 4th nine weeks change will open in February. Changes outside of the established windows will not be made.
Some common technical issues and answers for you: