May 6 Update
We shared with you last week the exciting news about Lewisville ISD’s plans to hold graduations at Texas Motor Speedway. We will share more details as we have them, but I wanted to send you the latest information from Texas Motor Speedway and the Denton County Health Department.
Graduation is the “finish line” for our time with our students, and they will literally be walking across the finish line at the Texas Motor Speedway to receive their diploma. What a fitting end for the class of 2020!
We ask for your patience and understanding with the requirements and expectations for this unique graduation experience. We understand each family has unique dynamics and considerations, but we do not have the ability to make exceptions to any of the guidelines or procedures put in place by Texas Motor Speedway and the Denton County Health Department.
This is what we know now, and we will communicate further with our graduates about specific graduation-day details.
- 2 car tags per graduate will be provided - 1 for graduate, 1 for spectators
- Two parking lots will be utilized - 1 graduate lot, 1 spectator lot
- Both lots will have a clear view of the video screen.
- Families can ride with the graduates and enter the graduate parking lot, but must remain parked in that lot and will not be allowed to relocate to the spectator lot.
- Parking tags are specific to each school, and only those with a parking tag will be allowed to enter the parking lots.
- Both parking lots will be cleared between graduations.
- Due to TMS restrictions, we are limited to the number of spectators.
- No RVs, limousines or party busses.
- All attendees must remain in their vehicles - no tailgating, standing outside vehicles, etc.
- Attendees in a truck will be allowed to sit in the truck bed.
- Gates open 2 hours prior to the event.
- Event will be streamed live online by Texas Motor Speedway.
- FLASH photography will be on site and will take pictures of students receiving their diploma and also a professional picture set.
- Graduates will be allowed to remove their masks to receive their diploma and take their photos.
- All LISD Graduates will be provided with a school-specific mask in school colors, and all graduates will be required to wear those masks.
- Social distancing protocols will be followed per Denton County Health Department.
For all Class of 2020 details, visit LISD.net/graduation.