Degrees and Certifications:
Masters Degree Elementary Education w/ Reading Emphasis Certified EC-6, ESL
Mrs. Lisa Watson
I'm so excited for this coming year! This is my 6th year here at Southridge Elementary School. I love my students and the dedicated staff members with whom I work!
My hope is that all my students will find this year to be one of personal and academic growth as we work together. The foundation of our learning community embraces four foundational ideals:
- I am a valuable member of a learning community.
- Mistakes help me learn.
- I respect myself, others, and my surroundings.
- My effort and attitude make me successful.
Students will have nightly homework to help them master material learned in class. The pace will be fast and strong organizational skills will make their school life easier. Fourth graders are required to:
- take ownership and personal responsibility for their learning,
- be responsible for their work materials,
- complete their assignments and homework on-time,
- learn to accept and work well with others,
- complete high-quality work,
- learn to persevere when the material is difficult
- learn to self-manage their behavior in ways that promote their own learning and the learning of the class.
Parents, your support in reinforcing these important life skills will set our amazing students on the path to a successful future!
A little bit about me…
I started my teaching career in New Mexico after I retired from the United States Air force. I have taught high school literature, 4th and 5th grade reading, writing, and social studies, and 4th grade self-contained classes. I have a Master’s degree Elementary Education with an emphasis in reading, and several additional graduate classes in curriculum and administration.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns! You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 469-948-7373.
If you are looking for volunteer opportunities please visit our PTA website!!!