LHS Advisors are Dr. Kelly Lancaster and Dawn Chegwidden
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.