- When your child is absent from school, call or email your attendance clerk on the morning of the absence. Follow up with a note, sent with your child, to give to their clerk the morning of their return, as a signature is required for all absences. You may also scan a signed note and fax to your attendance clerk at 214-626-1807.
- If a parent note is not brought to the attendance clerk within 3 days of the absence, disciplinary action may apply.
- If you plan to have your child leave early for an appointment, send a note with your child to give to their attendance clerk in the morning so they can be given their Off-Campus pass in advance.
- Any time a student comes in late or leaves school early they MUST sign in/out with their attendance clerk.
- If you forget the note or have an unexpected need to remove your child from school, you will be required to come in and sign the green sheet in the front office. The clerk will need time to send for your child. If you call us when you realize this, we can locate your child and it will speed up the process.
- If you plan to remove your child during Athletics , PE or lunch, please provide a note to be brought to attendance in the morning. Please allow enough time for the student to change clothes and sign out so they are not late for the appointment. It can be extremely difficult to locate students during these times because their location varies.
- When your child has a medical appointment, please send documentation from the Doctor’s office. They bring this to their attendance clerk upon arrival during the day or the following day, if it is full day absence.
- A parent may request homework assignments on the third day of a student’s absence.
Please contact your child’s attendance clerk with concerns or questions. Refer to the attendance pages in your child’s Student Handbook for complete rules and guidelines.
- Students should make their attendance clerk aware of an intended college visit via a parent note or parent phone call. Either is acceptable.
- Students should return to school with an official college school excuse stating they were at the college on the specified day. The absence will be excused and not counted against their attendance.
- If students fail to get the college excuse they must bring a note from the parent stating they made the visit. The absence will be excused, but will count against their attendance.