National Spanish Honor Society
The National Spanish Honor Society is made up of students who have excelled in their Spanish classes, and who have met all requirements set by the national office and the local sponsor. The society participates in community outreach opportunities, and works to support the members’ continued practice of the Spanish language.
Members must earn a set number of points per term through participating in meetings and activities in order to maintain their membership in the society.
- Induction will take place after the first 9-week grading period of each term.
- The student must be enrolled in Spanish 4 AP or Spanish 5 with a grade of 85 or higher at the time of induction.
- The student must have completed Spanish 1 with an average of 90 or higher.
- The student must have completed Spanish 2 with an average of 90 or higher.
- The student must have completed Spanish 3 Pre-AP with an average of 90 or higher.
- The student must have an overall non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or above.
Meetings generally take place before or after school the 2nd Tuesday of each month in room 1615.