LISD Destination Imagination: Strategically Designed for Success!
DI is a creative problem-solving program sponsored by LISD as an extracurricular activity for all students interested in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), the arts and community service. Students participate on small teams with a parent volunteer as the leader, working to solve mind-bending problems as they put their knowledge and creativity to work. It is a fun activity that builds teamwork, creativity and planning skills and reinforces LISD’s curriculum through project-based learning. Find out more about Destination Imagination https://www.destinationimagination.org/
- Trinity Valley North Central Region: 2019 Tournament on 2/23/19 at Marcus H.S.
- Texas DI
- Global Finals
McKamy has a long history of talented DI teams. We’re looking for adventurous and creative students to keep the legacy going…
- McKamy teams advanced to DI Global Finals in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2012 3rd Place - Fine Arts Challenge
- 2014 4th Place - Scientific Challenge
- 2014 2nd Place - Improv Challenge
- 2016 2nd Place - Technical Challenge
DI is simply the best-kept secret in LISD! For over 15 years it has provided opportunities to students to express their creativity, learn teamwork skills, and build confidence in their ability to be successful – all at a minimal cost.
LISD Pays for:
- Team memberships and tournament fees, including program materials and training for volunteers.
- Staff member devoted to the success of the district’s DI program and teams.
- Additional support for teams that advance to higher levels of competition.
Spread the word!
DI teams start forming in September.
- Sign up now for 2018-19 season! https://goo.gl/forms/qmLz1YN8EIH4P1QA2
For more information about how to get involved in DI, contact:
- McKamy’s DI Coordinator | email@example.com
- LISD DI Coordinator
Robin Napier | firstname.lastname@example.org | 469-948-8201.