Substitute Online Application
Welcome to LISD and thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute for our district!
LISD SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Fill out an online application
- Once your application is complete (all documents are submitted, references are returned) Human Resources will review your application. If Human Resources requires additional information, you will be contacted via email. Please allow a minimum of 10 working days for your application to be reviewed.
- Applicants meeting the requirements of having experience, work history in line with district goals will be contacted via e-mail with an invitation to complete online training.
- We strongly suggest you check your email and SPAM folder frequently.
- Substitutes are required to work 25 full days for the 2021-2022 school year in order to be asked back for the following school year.
- Returning LISD employees and retirees must complete a new substitute application in Frontline. Start date for returning employees, retirees, or substitutes will be the first of the month after receiving your last check from LISD. Retirees please contact TEA to insure no benefits are affected. All start dates are based on all required items and training being completed.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING APPLICATION. THANK YOU!
Application is entirely electronic.
You will need to have the following documents available (electronically) to attach (upload) into your application:
- Current resume
- Proof of Education - Official Transcripts showing highest level attained in college or high school; copy of GED if appropriate.
- If applicable - Certifications held that pertain to the substitute position
The following are required for a COMPLETE application:
- email address - LISD requires an email address be provided by all applicants where indicated on the online application
- references - must be supervisory i.e. people who have supervised you in a work or volunteer setting, or in another supervisory capacity
Fingerprinting: Due to the implementation of Senate Bill 9, effective January 1, 2008, ALL non-certified applicants (clerical, food service, facility services, adult temporary and tutors, community education, substitutes, technology administrative support) will be required to undergo the fingerprinting process prior to their first day of employment. The District will provide the necessary instructions for the fingerprinting process after an employment offer has been made. The employee will be responsible for fees involved.
If you have already been fingerprinted, we will be notified by TEA that your prints are complete.
No person shall, on the basis of national origin, race, gender, creed, religion, age, or handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or subjected to discrimination in employment, or recruitment consideration, or selection for full or part-time professional positions in the Lewisville Independent School District.