Substituting in LISD
LISD is currently accepting substitute applications for the 2018-2019 school year.
Sub Desk Direct Line: (469) 948-8040
Email inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LISD recognizes the contributions made by its substitute teachers and supports their efforts toward maintaining a continuity of instruction in the absence of the full time teachers. We hope that these resources will prove helpful to you and we encourage you to contact us for any questions, or suggestions for additional information or support.
Requirements to be a Substitute Teacher in LISD:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of 48 hours college credit.
- Complete a new online application. This is required to be considered as a substitute teaching candidate.
- Submit fingerprints to the state (instructions will be issued by the substitute deptartment)
- By invitation only, attend required substitute training session.
***IMPORTANT*** Employee Services will contact you to assign a date and time for paperwork processing and training.
LISD requires the following:
- Proper Identification - original social security card, and valid identification (as noted in the substitute packet)
- Proof of Education - official college transcripts showing 48 course hours, degree, and/or Proof of Teacher Certification
We are unable to finalize the application process without proof of education and proper identification.
What to wear:
We respectfully request you dress in "business casual" when attending the substitute training session. Thank you.