Substitute Online Application
Welcome to LISD and thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute for our district!
LISD SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Fill out an online application (instructions below)
- Once your application is complete (all documents are attached, references are returned) Employee Services will review your application. If Employee Services requires additional information, you will be contacted via email.
- Applicants meeting the requirements of having experience, work history in line with district goals, and computer literate will be contacted via e-mail with an invitation to attend a substiitute workshop. Please allow 30 to 45 days for this process. Submission of application does not guarantee that the applicant will be invited to a substitute workshop.
- We strongly suggest you check your email frequently.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE BEGINNING APPLICATION. THANK YOU!
- Application is entirely electronic; DO NOT send paper copies of your application OR documents to Employee Services. Paper copies will not be considered.
- You will need to have the following documents available (electronically) to attach (upload) into your application:
- Current resume
- Proof of Education - Transcripts showing highest level attained in college or high school; copy of GED if appropriate. A minimum of 24 College hours are required to substitute for LISD.
- If applicable - Certifications held that pertain to the substitute position
- The following is required for a COMPLETE application:
- email address - LISD requires an email address be provided by all applicants where indicated on the online application
- references - must be supervisory i.e. people who have supervised you in a work or volunteer setting, or in another supervisory capacity
RE: Scanning Documents for uploading: You will have greater success attaching scanned documents to your application if you use a lower resolution (150 dpi is suggested) and scan in black and white.
Help with your Application: Please locate the "help" button contained in the application. A Region X representative will assist you.
Fingerprinting: Due to the implementation of Senate Bill 9, effective January 1, 2008, ALL non-certified applicants (clerical, food service, facility services, adult temporary and tutors, community education, substitutes, technology administrative support) will be required to undergo the fingerprinting process prior to their first day of employment. The District will provide the necessary paperwork for the fingerprinting process after an employment offer has been made. The employee will be responsible for fees involved.
If you have already been fingerprinted, we will be notified by TEA that your prints are complete.
KEEPING YOUR APPLICATION ACTIVE OR MODIFYING YOUR APPLICATION
To keep your application active, please log in regularly to Teacher Job Network. If you have not logged in for 60 days, then your application will be deactivated and you will have to log in and reactivate your application.
To modify, edit, or reactivate your application, please Teacher Job Network and log in to your Teacher Job Network account.
**Apply for Job # 055464**
No person shall, on the basis of national origin, race, gender, creed, religion, age, or handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefit of, or subjected to discrimination in employment, or recruitment consideration, or selection for full or part-time professional positions in the Lewisville Independent School District.