High SchoolLISD provides blendED learning opportunities fo high school students across the district. A blendED course is ideal for high school students who
- want a flexible learning environment
- want to work and go to school
- want more time in the school day to practice for an activity or sport
- want to develop future ready skills: collaboration, communication, time-managent, and organization
- want more opportunities for self-directed learning
LISD blendED classes offer the best of both worlds: online and face-to-face instruction. Students do not have to be physically present on campus on an online day. They have Flexible Mobility and may meet with their teacher for one-on-one or small group instruction, collaborate with their peers in a flexible learning space on campus, or work from home or other off-campus location. On class days, students engage in class discussion, collaboration, project work, practice, and labs.
BlendED courses are currently offered at the following high schools: The Colony High School, Lewisville High School, Flower Mound High School, Marcus 9th Grade Center, and Marcus High School.
BlendED - Middle School
LISD provides blendED learning opportunities at the middle school level. The program offers students:
- more opportunities for individual and personalized instruction
- more intensive support when needed
- more opportunities to develop sills for blended and online learning as they advance in their education
- more voice and choice in how they learn and a better understanding of how they learn best
Flexible Mobility is structured differently at middle school. Students must be physically present on campus five days a week for a blendED class. They may, however, leverage flex spaces on an online day for independent work and collaboration, or they may choose to work one-on-one or in small groups with their teacher.