2020-21 Registration Information
Registration 2020-21 School Year will begin on January 22nd, 2020
January 22nd, 2020 - Student registration information during Jagtime - Registration Power Point - Voice over that was presented to students
LISD Counseling Services
Online registration is due in Skyward by Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
Use this sheet to plan out your course requests, and then enter in Skyward.
- Review your transcript located in your Student Skyward Portfolio to determine your needed courses.
Quick reference of recommended courses:
- 4 English Credits
- 4 Math Credits
- 4 Science Credits
- 4 Social Studies Credits
- 1 P.E. Credit
- 2 Credits of a language other than English (recommended to take both in the same year)
- 1 Fine Arts Credit
- 6 Credits of Electives/Endorsements
26 total STATE credits needed to graduate
- Refer to Core Course page and fill in your four core courses.
- Refer to the Elective Course page and fill in four credits of electives.
- Carefully select three 1.0 alternate classes, and four .5 alternate classes.
Note: If alternates are not entered in Skyward, an alternate choice will be made for you.
- Login to your STUDENT Skyward account. The same courses and alternate courses you filled in on your Skyward planning sheet must be entered into Skyward.
Note: View Skyward Online Course Request Instructions: tinyurl.com/courserequestinstr.
- Turn in completed Skyward Planning Sheet to Jag Time teacher on Wednesday, January 29th.
STUDENT AND PARENT SUBMISSION REVIEW
Please carefully read the following information concerning your/your child’s 20/21 course selections. You/your child will need to select 8 credits of courses in Skyward for next school year and 4 or more alternate courses in order of preference. Use your/your child’s transcript as a guide when making selections. Staff is hired and the master schedule is created based on student selections.
REGISTRATION TIMELINE and HELP SESSIONS
20/21 Course Registration opens in Skyward. Students will view an informational video and receive registration materials during Jag Time.
Parent University at FMHS. Please see information on back of this page about informational sessions.
7:40am-8:20am & 3:35pm-4:15pm
Counselors available in the FMHS library before and after school to answer course selection questions.
7:40am-8:20am & 3:35pm-4:15pm
Counselors available in the FMHS library before school and after school to answer course selection questions.
Thurs, 01/23/20 - Tues, 01/28/20
Counselors available outside the FMHS counselors’ suite during all lunches and at FM9 cafeteria during all lunches to answer course selection questions.
Mon, 01/27/2020, All Lunches
Career Center counselors available to answer questions during all lunches at the FMHS cafeteria.
Course selections completed in Skyward and all required registration material due to Jag Time teacher.
Mon, 02/03/20 – Fri, 02/28/20
Counselors will meet with individual students, by grade level, to verify course selections.
Thank you for helping your child complete his or her 2020/2021 course selections in Skyward. Your child will meet with their counselor sometime between February 3rd and February 28th to review their selections. Final course verifications will be sent home in April for review before the end of the school year. This will be the last opportunity to review your selections for next school year and make any needed corrections or changes. Official schedules will be posted through skyward in August on a date yet to be determined.
As a final checklist, please review the following with your child(ren):
- I have read and understand the information pertaining to course registration for the 20/21 school year.
- I understand some courses may not make due to minimum enrollment requirements and/or staffing availability.
- I understand the importance of selecting and ranking alternate course selections in case of course availability issues or a course does not make.
- I understand alternates may be used due to course conflicts or availability.
- I understand the requirements of Pre AP and AP courses.
- I have reviewed my course/my child’s course selections.
Please return all required registration materials to your Jag Time teacher on Wednesday, January 29, 2020:
- Colored grade level Registration Planning Sheet
- Current Freshmen: yellow
- Current Sophomores: gray
- Current Juniors: golden rod
- Early Graduation Application (rising seniors only; located on the counselor page of the FMHS website)
Dual Credit Information 2020-21 - Please see attached flyer for upcoming meeting on January 28th
Cosmetology Power Point 2020-21 - Please see the attached power point if you are interested in the cosmetology program
Firefighter Program - Please see the attached power point if you are interested in the firefighter program for the 2020-21 school year.
Dual Credit - Refer to the Dual Credit tab on this website for detailed information
- AP Capstone Overview
- AP Capstone Brochure
- Blended Courses FAQ's
- English-Science Fiction
- English Pre-AP/AP
- English Pre-AP Guidelines
- Fine Arts - Dance
- Fine Arts - Theatre
- Fine Arts - Visual Arts
- Math & Science Flow Charts
- Math - AP Statictics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- AP Biology
- Social Studies AP
- Social Studies Electives
- World Languages