Good afternoon Marcus High School Family!
I hope you all had a wonderful summer! The teachers and staff here at MHS are ready to welcome our students back for another amazing year on August 13th! This year marks Marcus High School’s 38th year of service to the students of Lewisville ISD and our surrounding community. We look forward to partnering with you to create an educational experience which will enrich the lives of our students and prepare them for a thriving future.
This year our theme is “WE ARE MARCUS! WE ARE ONE!” These words are very similar in nature to those on which our country was founded. “E pluribus unum” was the national motto adopted to unite the thirteen colonies into one nation, meaning “Out of many, one.” “WE ARE MARCUS! WE ARE ONE!” carries forth the principle of unity at MHS and means that we value every student and family, realizing that we will only reach our goals by respecting one another, trusting each other, and working together to achieve individual and collective excellence in everything we do. “WE ARE MARCUS! WE ARE ONE!” means that our staff believes in providing the highest standard of INSTRUCTIONAL EXCELLENCE
for each and every one of our students and also that we will instill the spirit of MARAUDER PRIDE within the hearts and minds of every person within the reach of the Marcus High School feeder pattern. I look forward to seeing our students, staff, families, and community members live out “WE ARE MARCUS! WE ARE ONE!”
After moving out of the MHS Main Campus at the beginning of the summer to make way for renovations, we are moving back into the main campus this week as our teachers and staff return to school. New gray laminate now lines the walls of our hallways instead of the old yellow tile, and every classroom has been renovated. All classrooms have received a fresh coat of paint as well as a tack wall that can be used to display student work. Our projectors have been upgraded and teachers will now be able to access them through a bluetooth connection from their tablet or laptop which will enable them to project presentations and student work to the screen more efficiently. Our parking lot has been transformed from asphalt to concrete and redesigned to result in a safer and more efficient flow of traffic for our students and staff. These much-needed upgrades are the result of the 2017 Lewisville ISD bond election passed by the voters of our local community. On behalf of our students and staff, I would like to express our sincere gratitude.
Please be aware that if you come to the school to walk your student’s schedule on 8/6 or 8/8, our construction work is still wrapping up and anything major that is not complete when you visit the campus this week will be completed by the time our students arrive for school on August 13th. Minor cosmetic finishes will most likely continue into the fall semester, but we have worked closely with our construction team over the past two summers and these minor items will not disturb the work of our students, teachers, and staff.
A few informational items:
- LISD has implemented new check-in procedures for parents and visitors. All campus visitors will be required to present their ID at the exterior front door through a video camera prior to being allowed to access the security vestibule. Please click here to access LISD’s communication about this as well as an instructional video which shows the new check-in procedures. This will take a little time to get used to, so please allow a little extra time if you plan on visiting the campus or dropping off lunch for your student toward the beginning of the school year.
- Please remember that our campus will be open for 10th, 11th, and 12th graders on the evenings of Tuesday, August 6th and Thursday, August 8th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. 9th graders will tour the campus the evening of August 7th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Please remind your student to take care of his or her parking pass before school starts. This year we are utilizing RevTrak to allow students and families to pay for parking stickers online. Click here for more information & also to access the payment website.
- Please click here to access a list of school supplies for your students’ classes.
- To better serve our students and families, we made a few changes to the alphabets assigned to our assistant principals, counselors, and attendance clerks. Please see below:
Thank you in advance for everything you do to support our students and our school here at Marcus! Please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone on our staff to help you and your student get off to a great start this year. We look forward to seeing you soon!