CAMPUS VISITORS PROCEDURE
Parents are always welcome at Polser Elementary. The safety of our students is of utmost importance. All visitors, including parents, are required to report to the Main Office to sign in. All visitors must present a current driver’s license or state ID in exchange for a visitor’s pass. LISD schools utilize RAPTOR Visitor sign-in system which works with the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors should be prepared to present their photo ID at each school visited. A visitor, at the discretion of the principal, may be required to present photo ID on subsequent visits. On subsequent visits, the receptionist will ask the visitor to either scan their ID or enter their name into the computer.
· Lewisville ISD employees must present their badge upon entering a building.
· Current students who are visitors participating as part of a cooperative secondary/elementary school function, must present a school ID but are not required to be scanned for Raptor.
Parent’s Classroom Visitation Policy
LISD wants parents/guardians to feel welcome in our school and to witness the engaging activities taking place in our classrooms. If you choose to visit your child during class time, the following procedures apply:
· Campus administration and the teacher must be notified at least 24 hours in advance and approve the timeframe in which a parent intends to visit their student’s classroom.
· Parents must sign in through the Main Office and present a current ID. No person, other than the student’s parent/guardian will be allowed to see the student without the parent/guardian’s written permission or the parent/guardian being present.
· Classroom visits or observations are limited to two 45 minute visits per eighteen weeks.
· Classroom visits or observations will be permitted as long as their duration and/or frequency does not interfere with the delivery of instruction or disrupt the normal school environment as determined by the principal.
This policy does not apply to those who, by law, are permitted to visit with children