Fingerprinting - Certified and Non-certified Substitutes
Fingerprinting Dept Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR TRAINING MUST SUBMIT FINGERPRINTS AND BE CLEARED BY THE STATE AND FBI BEFORE LISD CAN ACTIVATE YOU IN THE SYSTEM AND ALLOW YOU TO ACCEPT SUBSTITUTE ASSIGNMENTS.
If you have already been fingerprinted, we will be notified by TEA that your prints are complete.
UPDATES TO FINGERPRINTING PROCESS
All applicants are loaded into the TEA system. This includes the use of a “preenrollment status” and the assignment of Unique Enrollment IDs (UEIDs). These features will allow employees and certificate applicants to schedule fingerprinting appointments on-line. This is the easiest and fastest way to schedule an appointment. ECOS screens contain all information needed for fingerprinting.
PRE-ENROLLMENT AND APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
Scheduling for non-certified individuals
- For non-certified individuals, the TEA upload process initiates a pre-enrollment with MorphoTrust. MorphoTrust will send an email to each non-certified individual so that the employee can schedule a fingerprint appointment. The contact will be made via the email address that was uploaded by the district.
- To schedule a fingerprinting appointment, the individual will click on the hyperlink in the MorphoTrust email, and proceed with appointment scheduling in the MorphoTrust scheduling module.
Scheduling For Certified Individuals
- For certified individuals, payment must be made in ECOS to initiate pre-enrollment with MorphoTrust. After the upload process, each certified individual will receive an email from TEA advising of the process to make payment.
- Once payment has been submitted in ECOS, the certified individual will be contacted by MorphoTrust via email to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted.
REVIEW OF FINGERPRINTING RESULTS
- Fingerprinting results will be received by TEA usually within 1-5 days of the appointment. These results will be in the DPS FACT Clearinghouse.