23-24 Credit by Acceleration
Credit by Acceleration provides a way for students to receive credit and advance in a core subject or grade level. Students must be registered in a Lewisville ISD school and attending in order to be eligible to test.
must request testing by
Mon. Nov. 13 - Fri. Nov. 17
Tues. Oct. 24 at 4:00pm
First Spring Testing:
Mon. Feb. 26- Fri. Mar. 1
Tues. Jan. 30 at 4:00pm
Second Spring Testing:
Mon. Apr. 8 - Fri. Apr. 26
Wed. Mar. 27 at 4:00pm
Mon. June 10 - Fri. June 14
Tues. May 14 at 4:00pm
Testing Information and Considerations:
- Contact your child’s current counselor for acceleration test information and/or to request CBA testing.
- There are many academic, social, and emotional pieces to consider if acceleration is in the best interest of your child; you should discuss with your child’s teacher and counselor.
- Please click here for CBA information for LISD parents
- Elementary or middle school students accelerating out of core subject areas in order to take courses at the next level campus (middle or high school) will be required to provide their own transportation to and from the middle/high campus. Enrollment is based on campus openings.
- High School courses only: Passing grades are posted on the transcript but shall not be used in grade point calculation (GPA) or Rank in Class (RIC). Advanced Placement (AP) credit cannot be earned by this testing.
- Reminder: Placement in a new course/grade level will only occur at the start of a school year (or semester for semester courses) regardless of when a CBE for acceleration is taken.