ESSER III Grant
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
One major question on the minds of students, families and staff members is what the 2021-22 school year will look like. It is our intention to operate this school year in a much more traditional way, in what most would consider a “typical” school environment. The final decision regarding restrictions is completely dependent on the health-related circumstances in our communities. Some considerations for our operational guidelines are listed below:
- Refer to CDC school opening guidance
- Requirements related to contact tracing and quarantining will remain in effect
- Refer to TEA school opening guidance
- Refer to any state or local restrictions
- Analyze community transmission data and trends in collaboration with local health officials
- Analyze available hospital occupancy data, ICU bed availability, etc in collaboration with local health officials
- Analyze school data in collaboration with local health officials
The “Safe Return Plan” was evaluated and re-posted on 05/11/2022 after two weeks of public comment, then again on 5/15/2023 after two weeks of public comment.
Safe Return Plan (English)
Safe Return Plan (Spanish)
Lewisville Independent School District meets the language needs of our students and families by providing relevant information and accessible resources. Information regarding the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) III is communicated to LISD families in accordance with LISD policy, including EHBE(Legal), and local practice.