Degrees and Certifications:
WELCOME TO 6TH GRADE LEOPARDS
Hello Students and Parents!
I am so excited to be your 6th grade teacher! I love teaching math and I am thrilled about all the fun we are going to have this year!
I graduated from University of Texas at Dallas. I grew up in Chicago and moved to Dallas with my family 12 years ago. I love everything Tean and I am a huge Cowboys fan. I love traveling during my time off, reading books, and watching series on Netflix during my free time. I can not wait to get to know you and all about your hobbies!
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Art in Interdisciplinary Studies
Certification - Early Childhood - 6 Generalist and ESL
Follow me on Twitter: @ms_abbasa
Hour Office: Monday - Friday 8:05 - 8:45 am
Lewisville ISD student expectations for Remote learning:
- Students attend class on time, per their class schedule.
- Students will be engaged in live instruction the first 30-40 minutes of each class period every day.
- Students will follow the LISD Dress Code, LISD Student Code of Conduct, and all other campus routines and procedures..
- Students are ready to engage and learn.
- Students should have a designated, distraction-free workspace to engage in learning.
- Students will show their face on the screen to engage with the teacher virtually.
- Students will participate in the class activities, discussions and assignments.
- Students and parents will communicate with the teacher when needing additional assistance, tutoring, etc. Teachers will provide additional information regarding office hours and tutoring sessions.
- Students will participate in a combination of live instruction each day and will be expected to complete additional work outside of class meet times.
- Parents should utilize Skyward to regularly monitor student grades.
- Grading will follow normal campus guidelines as if we were participating in on campus learning.
Be Prepared - In person (Mask, ID, & iPad charged) - Remote (iPad charged)
Be responsible - Bring your iPad charged, iPad Charger with your Name on it, Pencil, Paper, and Student ID.
Be respectful - In person - Keep a 6 feet distance from everyone when in a classroom setting, wear your mask, stay in your seated area, and do not touch anyone or anything that does not belong to you. Virtual - Mute yourself, turn on the camera upon arrival for attendance, turn it off after unless you are presenting or asking a question.
40%: Minor Grades (Homework, quizzes, class activities, discussions)
60%: Major Grades ( Tests, benchmarks, etc)
Classroom Materials / Supplies:
iPad (charged) + iPad charger
Stylus - (Pointed one if you can find one it would be awesome to do math problems)
Students and parents will receive updates and access course materials on Canvas through the app or by email.
PEARSON DIGITS TEXAS - GRADE 6 (6 Digits)
Students access these resources through LHUB (Links to an external site.) using their district login credentials. A print copy of the book may be checked out from your teacher or campus administrator.