DECA is not only a co-curricular club but also has the option of competition. Students interested in competing have to meet the membership requirements and need to have taken or will be taking one of the following courses during the Fall semester.
Courses for competing members are:
- Principles of Business, Marketing or Finance
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Practicum in Marketing
- Business law (for business law events only)
- Accounting (for accounting event only)
- Business Management (for management events only)
Competition sign-up starts in September of each school year. Students will be required to meet the standards and due dates set forth each year to be able to compete.
This 2020 school year competition will look a lot different. Please pay attention to meetings and announcements via e-mail and Canvas for this information.