We Are A LEADER IN ME SCHOOL!The Leader in Me is an innovative, school wide model that emphasizes a culture of student empowerment and helps unleash each child's full leadership potential. By applying The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, teachers and students internalize timeless leadership principles that nurture the skills that students need for success in the 21st century.
Habit 1-Be Proactive
- I have a "Can Do" attitude.
- I choose my actions, attitudes and moods.
- I don't blame others.
- I do the right thing without being asked, even if nobody is looking.
Habit 2-Begin With The End In Mind
- I plan ahead and set goals.
- I do things that have meaning and make a difference.
- I am an important part of my classroom.
- I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit 3-Put First Things First
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- I say no to things I should not do.
- I set priorities, set a schedule and follow my plan.
- I am organized.
Habit 4-Think Win-Win
- I want everyone to be a success.
- I don't have to put others down to get what I want.
- It makes me happy to see other people happy.
- I like to do nice things for others.
- When conflict arrives, I help brainstorm for a solution.
We ALL can win!
Habit 5-Seek First To Understand Then To Be Understood
- I listen to peoples feelings and ideas.
- I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- I listen to others without interrupting.
- I am confident in voicing my ideas.
- I value other people's strengths and learn from them.
- I get along well with others, even people who are different from me.
- I work well in groups.
- I seek out other people's ideas to solve problems.
- I know that "two heads" are better than one.
- I am a better person when I let people into my life and work.
Habit 7-Sharpen The Saw
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising and getting sleep.
- I spend time with family and friends.
- I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school.
- I find meaningful ways to help others.