So...your child seemed fine this morning, but got to school and started to feel ill. What should you do?
- Students should always notify their parent from the Nurse's Office if they are feeling ill and desire to go home.
- If your student texts you that they are not feeling well, please instruct them to ask their teacher for a pass to see the nurse.
- Once we've assessed your student, we will contact you to discuss our findings and to determine whether or not your student should be dismissed from school.
- Your child must sign out through the Nurse's Office and with their attendance clerk if they are going home due to illness.
Reasons the School Nurse will recommend a student going home:
- Temperature of 100 degrees or more. Your student should not return to school until fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- Flu-like illness
- Symptoms of pink eye
- Witnessed or continual vomiting