School Resource Officers
Lewisville ISD partners with police departments in Highland Village, Flower Mound, Lewisville, Carrollton, The Colony and Frisco to provide School Resource Officers (SROs) who are assigned to all middle and high schools. In addition, officers assigned to middle schools have responsibility for two to three elementary schools.
*NEW for 22-23* LISD will implement the Elementary Rover Patrol Program, where our law enforcement partners provide uniformed officers in marked vehicles to monitor elementary campuses throughout the district.
What is a School Resource Officer?
A School Resource Officer, or SRO. is a member of a select group of specially trained, veteran officers assigned to schools on a full-time basis. The five police departments that provide SRO units to Lewisville ISD subscribe to the "Triad" concept, which includes the SRO serving as law enforcement officer, educator and counselor.
The SRO works to protect and maintain a safe and secure environment for educators and students. The SRO investigates and takes appropriate action related to criminal activity occurring on the assigned campus.
The SRO serves as a guest classroom instructor, teaching law related materials holding relevance to the schools learning objectives.
The SRO also serves as an informal advisor and conflict mediator to students. Students are encouraged to seek advice from their SRO in an effort to keep issues from developing into more serious problems.
What an SRO is not
An SRO is not a classroom or administrative disciplinarian. Although the officer works within an educational environment, the SRO is a sworn police officer within their respective jurisdiction. The SRO's responses are limited to law violations or safety related incidents. School related discipline is left to school officials.
Additional SRO Duties
SRO's also coordinate a variety of programs such as Police Explorers, Campus Crime Stoppers, PRIDE, Summer Hoops/Kicks, Police Activities League, as well as providing assistance to residents regarding school or student related issues.
- Arbor Creek MS, Homestead ES, Indian Creek ES
- Briarhill MS
- Creek Valley MS, Coyote Ridge ES, Hebron Valley ES, Polser ES
- DeLay MS, Central ES, Mill Street ES
- Downing MS, Bridlewood ES, Flower Mound ES
- Durham MS, Southridge ES, Creekside ES, Rockbrook ES
- Ethridge ES, Camey ES, B.B Owen ES, Peters Colony ES, Morningside ES
- Flower Mound 9th Grade Campus
- Flower Mound High School
- Forestwood MS, Donald ES, Forest Vista ES
- Griffin MS
- Hebron 9th Grade Campus
- Hebron High School
- Hedrick MS, Lillie J. Jackson ECC, Parkway ES, Lewisville ES
- Heritage ES, Highland Village ES, McAuliffe ES
- Hicks ES
- Huffines MS, Degan ES, Lakeland ES, Valley Ridge ES
- Killian MS, TECC-E, Independence ES, Castle Hills ES, Memorial ES
- Lakeview MS
- Lamar MS, Prairie Trail ES, Timber Creek ES
- Lewisville High School
- Lewisville High School - Killough Campus
- Lewisville High School- Harmon Campus, TECC-W
- Marcus 9th Grade Campus
- Marcus High School
- McKamy MS, Old Settlers ES, Wellington ES, Liberty ES
- Shadow Ridge MS, Bluebonnet ES, Garden Ridge ES, Vickery ES
- Student Success Center @ College Street, Lewisville Learning Center
- The Colony High School
- Jessie Brown
- Anthony Bruno
- Justin Buck
- Dustin Crouch
- John Eaton
- Dillon Elvington
- Andrew Faulconer
- David Harney
- Justin Heard
- Traci Hooper
- Cole Langston
- David Lee
- Robert Lee
- Tanner Low
- Ben McKelvey