"When schools, families and community groups work together to support learning, children tend to do better in school, stay in school longer and like school more," concluded a report from the Southwest Research Educational Development Laboratory.
Community and parent involvement plays a vital role in a child's education. It impacts not only student achievement, but also a student's social adjustment and confidence.
Ways to Partner
- Classroom Speaker: We are always searching for ways to make learning real for our students. As a Classroom Speaker, you will be sharing your valued expertise and experiences with students to enhance the classroom curriculum.
- Project Evaluator: The Community Panel allows students to present solutions to real problems facing their community. By involving local community members, students have an opportunity to change the world in which they live.
- Business Partnership: Because learning can come in all shapes and sizes, we believe in customizing our partnerships with resources of the company and the needs of the district. Partnerships are designed to involve our diverse community and provide innovative and engaging experiences for all learners.
- Internship Program: The intern program allows your company to gain fresh thinking and enthusiastic support while offering an invaluable experience to students. Business can match their needs with student interests.
- Sponsor: By investing in education, you are impacting not only the future of LISD students, but the future of all.
- Volunteer: Community volunteers play a vital role in student education. They can serve as reading buddies, role models, tutors and mentors, and all of our campuses need volunteers.