LISD Destination Imagination: Strategically Designed for Success!
DI is a creative problem-solving program sponsored by LISD as an extracurricular activity for all students interested in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), the arts and community service. Students participate in small teams with a parent volunteer as the leader, working to solve mind-bending problems as they put their knowledge and creativity to work. It is a fun activity that builds teamwork, creativity and planning skills and reinforces LISD’s curriculum through project-based learning. Find out more about Destination Imagination https://www.destinationimagination.org/
Destination Imagination – 2021-22 Challenge Previews
Tournaments - The general information can be found below. Visit the organization’s website for the most up to date tournament information.
- Trinity Valley North Central Region: The 2022 tournament will be held mid-late February. The most up to date information can be found on TVNDI ‘s website.
- Texas DI - March 25-26, 2022 at the University of Texas in Arlington
- Global Finals – held in May
McKamy has a long history of talented DI teams. We’re looking for adventurous and creative students to keep the legacy going…
- McKamy teams advanced to DI Global Finals in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2012 3rd Place - Fine Arts Challenge
- 2014 4th Place - Scientific Challenge
- 2014 2nd Place - Improv Challenge
- 2016 2nd Place - Technical Challenge
DI is simply the best-kept secret in LISD! For over 15 years it has provided opportunities to students to express their creativity, learn teamwork skills, and build confidence in their ability to be successful – all at a minimal cost.
LISD Pays for:
- Team memberships and tournament fees, including program materials and training for volunteers.
- Staff members devoted to the success of the district’s DI program and teams.
- Additional support for teams that advance to higher levels of competition.
Spread the word!
DI teams start forming in mid - September.
- Sign up now for 2021-22 season! https://forms.gle/KkiA9tZiowkLUGQx6
- Volunteers should start their LISD background check asap: https://lewisvilleisd.voly.org/
For more information about how to get involved in DI, contact:
- McKamy’s DI Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- LISD DI Coordinator
Kelly Roden - email@example.com