NEW EMPLOYEES TO LISD
Lewisville ISD collects most of the new hire paperwork through online submission. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact LISD Human Resources Department at 469-948-8032 to make an appointment to come in and use an LISD computer.
Once you have accepted a position in LISD, you will receive an email notification with instructions on how to access your LISD email. The first email will be sent to the email address you listed on your application. It is important to ensure that your email address is accurate in your application. Please use personal email address in your application, and not a former school district email address as access to email from a non-personal account may be deactivated.
If you do not receive an email within 5 business days of accepting the position, please contact LISD Human Resources Department at 469-948-8032.
If you were a former employee, including Substitute, LISD may have to manually reactivate your email, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to notify the district if you were a former employee.
Accessing New Hire Documents
Once you access your LISD Email account, please look for the following:
Email with a link to the Use of Electronic Signature Agreement. (Once you have accepted the Use of Electronic Signatures, you will receive a second email within 10 minutes.)
- Email with 5 separate links with New Onboarding Paperwork in the Subject line. Please complete the following documents: Onboarding Form, Public Information Form, Social Security Statement, TEA Form, and the Direct Deposit Form.3. LISD does not issue paper checks any longer. If the Direct Deposit form is not returned, then you will receive a pre-paid debit card. There is a replacement fee if the card is lost. It is highly encouraged to complete the Direct Deposit form.
After the first 4 forms are completed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule a time to bring in your required documents and take your picture for your LISD Photo ID.
For NON-CONTRACT employees, including maintenance, technology, cafeteria, paraprofessionals, clerks, etc., you will complete a Notice of Reasonable Assurance, which will be sent in a separate email to your LISD account. You will receive an email beginning in late July with additional information about Strategic Design, Things to Know about being an Employee in LISD, and Explanation of Benefits. About 5 days after you have brought in the documents from Item 3 above, may log in to the Benefits New Hire Page for enrollment information. You must complete the online enrollment within 31 days of your employment start date (your first day of work). If you do not go on-line and enroll, you will not have insurance benefits. If you are a First Year Teacher, you will receive an email to your personal email account from Teacher Job Network with a link to complete your First Year Academy Teacher Agreement. Dates for First Year Teacher Academy are August 12 - 13, 2013. Please refer to the District Calendar for Work Days, District Vacation Days, Etc.
You will need to bring the following Documents:
I-9 form page 7 may be completed and printed out and brought with you to your appointment. If you do not complete it prior to the appointment, you will be required to complete it on site.
Social Security Card (Required) Your District ID and Name in our system will match what is listed on your Social Security Card.
- W-4 Form. You may complete the 2014 W-4 Form and bring it with you to your appointment, or will need to complete it on site.
- Official Transcripts (LISD will need copies of your official transcripts from every college and/or university attended. The only exception is if the most recent transcript has the date the degree was conferred, along with the detailed information of transferred hours that include the level of the course, description of the course (title), and the grade received (Passed or Failed is acceptable).) (Hourly employees must bring in proof of education, HS Diploma or GED, if no college hours were attended.)
- Service Records (If you have previously worked in another school district, you are required to request your service records from your previousl districts.) Additional information regarding state requirements for Service Records can be found on the Texas Education Agency Website, or by selecting the link on Service Records. Until LISD receives your service records, you will be placed at the minimum salary for your pay grade.
- Please dress appropriately for your District ID Badge, bring your best smile.
Professional Learning for New Hires
Once you have received your username and password, you are eligible to sign up and attend any summer professional learning opportunities. Professional Learning sessions can be found by logging in
with your username and password. Select Workshop.
All employees must register for professional learning sessions through Eduphoria for the New Employee District Day and Campus Day on August 14 - 15, 2013. In addition, all District employees must register for professional learning sessions on August 16 - 22, 2013. For specific sessions you are required to attend, please email your principal/supervisor.
Any teacher who is a new hire in LISD must register for PDAS training, unless you have completed or have been assessed using PDAS within the last 5 years. Registration is completed through Eduphoria.