Assistant Principal Applicants in LISD
Assistant Principal Pool Applications for the 2015-2016 will open between November 21, 2014 - January 5, 2015. Applications received after January 5, 2015 may not be considered until after May.
*Applicants accepted to the Pool last year will need to reapply for the 15-16 Pool.
For additional questions about Assistant Principal Positions, please contact Brenda West at email@example.com
Eligibility for Assistant Principal Pool
- Must hold a Master's Degree and Standard Principal's Certification by July 2015.
- Must complete PDAS and ILD by August 2015.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years successful teaching years of experience.
Items to be sure and include in your resume and application:
- Current Resume highlighting leadership roles and activities
- Recommendation Letters from Current or Former Supervisors
- Include your current supervisor as one of your references
Assistant Principal Applicants need to be aware of the following timelines:
- November 21, 2014 = Job Posting is available. Applicants must apply to the job posting 026155 in order to be considered for the AP Pool. Applicants will NOT be required to complete the Principal Insight as part of the application process for this year.
- December 17, 2014 - January 5, 2015 = A prompt that will require a written response will be sent to applicants that meet minimum qualifications.
- January 7, 2015 = Written response to the prompt is due. No late submissions will be accepted.
- February 6, 2015 = Applicants selected for an on site interview will receive notification
- February 21, 2015 = Applicants will be interviewed by invitation only.
- February 27, 2015 = Applicants selected for the Assistant Principal Pool 15-16 will be notified along with those who did not make the pool.
Information about the District that all applicants must be extremely familiar with in order to increase your chances for consideration:
- Familiar with the LISD District Strategic Design Plan.
- Familiar with the Visioning Document with TASA