The 1:X initiative guarantees that all students have access to the devices needed to participate.1:X is a trademarked program based on the understanding that students will have the right device for the task at hand. The 1 represents the student and X is a variable representing the type of device(s) used simultaneously to best complete a task to demonstrate learning. The devices listed below are the ones currently being employed by Lewisville ISD.
- The iPad provides mobile access to a device that allows students to not only access information, but to create content at school and at home.
- The MacBook Air allows students to move to a more powerful laptop to create complex media-rich content, iBooks, Google Sites and more. This allows students to combine files and complete more complex tasks.
- The Chromebook allows a low cost access to digital resources and the collaboration tools in Google Apps for EDU that are used across the district. While it requires Internet access and cannot produce media-rich content, the Chromebook is an outstanding tool to complete the device options in a 1:X environment.
- Students may bring their own devices (BYOT) from home to use in conjunction with their 1:X device or in lieu of a district issued device.
To learn more about 1:X, please select a link from the navigation menu, where you will find a detailed Q&A, helpful resources, learning device forms, and more.
Current LISD approved iOS Version: 10.2.1
Lewisville ISD Digital Instructional Materials
- Lewisville ISD App Store Information for the 2016-2017 School Year
Lewisville ISD remains committed to providing digital access for learning. After many discussions with LISD parents, teachers, administrators and Technology Department, in 2015 the district launched an LISD App Store for elementary students. In addition, LISD has developed iPad guidelines for secondary students. For more information, Click Here